Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Peppermint: Recipes

This is probably going to be one of the favorite essential oil post I ever write.

Why?

Because the three oils I have shared so far play so well with each other! Add in the oil we will talk about next and you almost don't need anything else... almost.

Here are some of my favorite ways to add peppermint essential oil to my day:


No More Headaches
(I offer this ready to purchase under the aromatherapy tab)

10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops peppermint essential oil
Enough Jojoba oil to fill a 5ml glass bottle

Add the essential oils to an empty and clean 5ml glass bottle then top off with the Jojoba oil. The Jojoba is actually a liquid wax and has an extremely long shelf life so it will not go rancid like other more delicate oils. I use this oil any time I even hint at a headache, no matter the reason. I have suffered with migraines since I was a child, if I apply this blend to the back of my neck, my temples and behind my ears at the first sign of trouble I can normally avoid the worst of the pain. Be sure to use a reducer cap so you only get 1 drop at a time. 

Hot Summer Pick-me-up

5 drops lavender
3 drops peppermint 
2 drops tea tree

Combine the above oils in a 6 oz spray bottle of water and spritz yourself whenever you feel the affects of your summer activities. This blend will also help repel insects and sooth over heated summer skin.

Respiratory Relief

1 drop peppermint

Place your one drop on your collar, your pillow, or a tissue in your shirt pocket. This is a quick and easy way to ease the tightness associated with asthma, allergies and other respiratory issues. Just be sure not ot get the oil directly on your skin as it can cause irritation and actually burn sensitive skin. I used to place a drop on the side of my children's crib mattresses when they were babies. That way they get some of the oils and not enough to over stimulate their systems. They also can't touch it there.

Use these recipes as a starting point in your own journey with peppermint. The only place I would not recommend using peppermint is in the bath. I know I have said that before but it is worth repeating!

The next oil we will add to our tool box is lemon... Perfect for summer time!

As always, be safe and know your oil.
 And please, don't eat them! There is an herb for that ;)

I am not a doctor. Nor am I qualified to diagnose or treat any illness. I am simply a student of the world around me. Use the oils at your own risk and please consult your medical professional. This blog is a compilation of my own experiences and study.


Copyright2013
All Rights Reserved
      

No comments:

Post a Comment